- Here is a very simple journal activity and I would like to challenge everyone to finish out the month doing this (if you haven’t been already).
After doing this for one week you will have 35 Gratitude Thoughts.
Talk about something to uplift your spirit!
How about it?
Are you up for it?
Health Benefits of Gratitude
Why practice daily gratitude?
How about if not for the following list:
Research has shown gratitude can have at least these seven benefits:
- Expressing gratitude opens the door to more relationships.
- Daily gratitude improves physical health.
- Gratitude improves psychological health.
- Daily gratitude can reduce aggression.
- Grateful people sleep better.
- Having a grateful spirit improves self-esteem.
How to Express Gratitude
Here are a few ways to practice the spirit of gratitude –
Write a thank-you note.
Meditate. Think on the Lord.
Thank someone mentally. Concentrate on what they did for you and relive the good feeling it gave you.
Keep a gratitude journal.
Count your blessings “name them one by one”.
Expressing gratitude and thankfulness are topics I write about in my book. Have you read it yet?
“The Creative Prayer Journal: A 21-Day Prayer Challenge to Experiencing Meaningful Conversations With God”