Here at “our house on the hill on the edge of the city near the country” we enjoy an old fashioned breakfast on some Saturday mornings. The menu will consist of toast, milk, eggs, bacon and whatever other goodies I decide to cook. In fact, a few years ago I actually raised some chickens and gathered the eggs! But the coyotes had a chicken dinner one night and that was the end of my “chicken” career.
I read the phrase of the title a couple of days ago…Did some googling to find out more about the parable….
And then thought about the meaning….
The parable goes like this, with my Texas twist:
A chicken is a participant in the breakfast. She is involved as the egg was produced, but the chicken only donated to the “cause”.
However, the pig…. well, unless it’s TURKEY bacon, then that PIG is committed to that breakfast. I mean, that PIG is DEAD DOG (a Texas phrase) committed. There is NO turning back.
So I ask you..
- When it comes to your daily life. Are you a chicken or a pig?
- When it comes to your goals, are you a chicken or a pig?
- When it comes to your business, are you a chicken or a pig?
- When it comes to your spiritual relationship, are you a chicken or a pig?
- When it comes to your family, are you a chicken or a pig?
Do you scratch around life, Clucking. You are not committed, you just do a little. Enough to get through.
Or do you enter the day and SQUEAL with delight!? Are you totally committed to the day, to YOU?
Think about it!!