I’m just going to get very raw and personal with you. Pull up a chair and grab a cup of coffee. There have been times in my life (yes, even recently) that I was bored with my prayer life.
Now, before you get all high and mighty and judgmental, let me explain.
It’s not that I didn’t believe in prayer. It’s not that I didn’t know the magnificent power of prayer. It’s not that I didn’t want to pray.
My problem is that I was bored. I was stuck in a rut of what I call ‘list praying.’ I want to tell you right now that for mycreative mind, lists are B O R I N G – unless they are on pretty colors of paper and written with pretty colored pens.
None the less, I was stuck in a rut of just praying through my lists of needs and the needs of others. I’m so glad that God honors our prayers, even if we aren’t ‘feeling’ it. But, I really did WANT to feel it.
I then remembered some things I had taught the kiddos when I used to teach Sunday School. Creative prayer ideas started flooding my mind. If doing those creative ways to pray were good for kids, why wasn’t it still a great way for adults to pray?
The good thing is that it is a great way for adults to pray. My prayer life was rejuvenated by implementing creative prayer ideas into my personal prayer life and my prayer journaling.
Why creative prayer ideas are good for adults
- Creative prayer journal ideas are a good way to keep you engaged in the act of praying.
- Creative prayer journal ideas can help you to pray for a list of people even if you struggle with exactly what to say.
- Creative Prayer journal ideas can help you feel like you are praying more for others and less for yourself.
- Creative prayer journal ideas help you form the right words to pray so that you feel like your prayer is more meaningful.
- Your mind is less prone to wander when using creative prayer journal ideas.
- Your less prone to wonder when you use creative prayer journal ideas during your prayer time.
- Creative prayer journal ideas rejuvenate your personal prayer time.
- Creative prayer journal ideas help you to not feel ‘bored’ with your prayer life.
- Creative prayer journal ideas help you to remember who you need to pray for.
- Creative prayer journal ideas encourage you to talk to God even if you don’t feel worthy.
- Creative prayer journal ideas focus your mind on your faith and less on what you may feel like are impossible needs.
10 more reasons why creative prayer ideas are good for adults
- Using creative prayer journal ideas help you to pray fewer self-centered prayers.
- Creative prayer journal ideas are great if you are bored with ‘check list’ type prayers.
- You put meaning back into your personal prayer time by using creative prayer journal ideas.
- Your enjoyment of personal prayer time is fueled by using creative prayer journal ideas.
- Creative prayer journal ideas reminds you to abandon that thought that everyone else prays better than you.
- Prayer warriors learn that any form of prayer is a good way to draw closer to God. Creative prayer journal ideas narrow the gap to your closeness with your Heavenly Father.
- Creative prayer journal ideas help you to keep track of your prayers – instead of trying to keep it all mentally.
- Creative prayer journal ideas in your prayer journal help you to keep track of the praises when God answers your prayers.
- Your faith is put into actions when using creative prayer journal ideas. You don’t just talk about praying but you really do pray.
- You start expecting things from God. When you use your creative prayer ideas to pray and journal your prayers you have something to write down. Writing those needs and prayers help you to expect Him to do wonderful and great things in your life.
For more about creative prayer ideas then check out the Lifter Upper 7 Day Prayer Journal Boot Camp.
Kim Steadman is a wife, mother and proud Meme. She retired from corporate life to bring her heart, mind, body and soul HOME. She is now enjoying time at home caring for family, writing, gardening, reading, and crafting. She loves to lift others up so that they may discover their true purpose in Christ.